Friday, March 4, 2011

There are socks!

I finished up a pair of Monkey Socks last week.  Love 'em!  Like a lot of things, these took a while.  I found a picture I took of the 1st sock taken before the heel turn.  The picture was taken in the fall of 2008.  Yowch.  How did that happen?  Somehow it took me 2 1/2 years to knit 1 sock and about a month to knit the 2nd.  Ah well.

 I tend not to do any patterning over the top of my foot - sometimes that's kind of uncomfortable, so I just skip it and do plain feet.  The patterning didn't show up all that much in this yarn anyway...  It's a fun knit though. 

And I started another pair of socks.  Here's hoping these don't take over 2 years!! 

 They're called Spring Forward, and they're from the Summer 2008 Knitty.  The yarn is a wonderful merino/cashmere/nylon blend that I dyed a while ago. (I'm sensing a theme here...  things just need to percolate for a while maybe). 
The cashmere makes this yarn so incredibly soft.  I'm really loving it so far!  Can't wait to see how it looks as it goes along.  Can't wait to get it on my feet. 

1 comment:

Cheryl K. said...

Maybe the pattern doesn't show up the same as it would with a light colored solid yarn, but it definitely shows!